Part Ten of the Constitution of the Republic of Albania Prosecution
1. The office of the prosecutor exercises criminal prosecution and represents the accusation in court on behalf of the state. The prosecution also performs other duties set by law.
2. Prosecutors are organized and operate near the judicial system as a centralized body.
3. In the exercise of their powers, the prosecutors are subject to the Constitution and the laws.
1. The General Prosecutor is appointed by the President of the Republic with the consent of the Assembly.
2. The General Prosecutor may be discharged by the President of the Republic upon the proposal of the Assembly for violations of the Constitution or serious violations of the law during the exercise of his duties, for mental or physical incapacity, for acts and behaviour that seriously discredit the position and reputation of the Prosecutor.
3. The other prosecutors are appointed and discharged by the President of the Republic upon the proposal of the General Prosecutor.
4. The General Prosecutor informs the Assembly from time to time on the status of criminality.